Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sleeping dictionary

i was wondering:

where the dictionary/spelling words are stored ?

how often do you add new words ?

The spell check for vbulletin is an add on for internet explorer with this company.

http://www.iespell.com/

I am not sure when they update the software.

For firefox I think it is native to the browser. you can check your firefox plug-ins maybe?
    www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

so the forum software doesn't come with a list of sorts ? so when we type on any vb forum the spell check is run on other servers ?

Comment

once you install iespell it works from your browser and not the vbulletin install.

It is more browser level plug-in than a vbulletin or server level software.

Comment

if you use internet explorer this image should look framiliar to you if you hve the plug-in installed.

Comment

no, i don't use ie.
            anyway, are you saying that in itself vb does not have a spellchecker and it relies on an already installed one in a user's system ? i just assumed vb had it's own internal spellchecker. is the thinking that everyone who uses windows (therefore ie which is included) has the spellchecker and that's enough ? what about linux/mac os users ? or do they also have a similar checker with their o/s ?

Comment

Originally posted by Suiram View Post
              no, i don't use ie.
              anyway, are you saying that in itself vb does not have a spellchecker and it relies on an already installed one in a user's system ? i just assumed vb had it's own internal spellchecker. is the thinking that everyone who uses windows (therefore ie which is included) has the spellchecker and that's enough ? what about linux/mac os users ? or do they also have a similar checker with their o/s ?
              HUGE Omission IMHO... there used to be hacks at vbulletin.org but I've yet to find one that works with versions past 3.8.x..

Anyone??

One-Take

Comment

To my way of thinking if one was built in to VB then your DB hits checking words would be out of this world.

Comment

Firefox has native spell checking, IE has IEspell, Safari for the Mac/OSX itself has a spell checker.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Take View Post
                    HUGE Omission IMHO... there used to be hacks at vbulletin.org but I've yet to find one that works with versions past 3.8.x..

Anyone??

One-Take
                    I still have Pungospell working on 3.8.1, though it no longer works with Opera 9 and greater, for unknown reasons.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by setishock View Post
                      To my way of thinking if one was built in to VB then your DB hits checking words would be out of this world.
                      When I had it installed on previous version, it never seemed to run server load that high...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X