X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending mass emails

Hello,
    On my forum, I have over 17K members.

It's been over a year since I sent out an email to everyone, so last night, I decided to send a mass email to everyone about upcoming contests, and a possible name change to our forum.

I got all but 200 emails bouncing back. My host only seems to allow 200 emails per hour. I was wondering if there was away around this? I really don't want to leave my host, as the uptime & support is superb. Never notice unexpected downtime, ever, which is why I'm still with them.

So as I was saying, is there away to send emails going around this rule? Do I just need to host the DB elsewhere with an email host?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    - Ryan

No sorry, there is no workaround in vB for this host limit.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

this is a server setting by your host.. most hosts including me restrict mass email..
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Yeah, almost every webhost will have hourly limits, i'm testing this mod, you can set the batch limit and the email will be sent via cron task

Cron based e-mail sending

Hope something like this can be set as default in vbulletin 4.0
        Currently working on:
        Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
        Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X