Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smilie issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smilie issue

    I recently upgraded to 3.8.1. Prior to that, my smilies in quick reply would rotate, change around. I have about 400 or smilies and now they do not rotate, if someone wants to use a different one, they have to hit more smilies and choose from a list which is a bit laborious. Any ideas? Someone mentioned I should look in functions_editor.php at the query around line 588 (it says // query smilies there but that's greek to me.

    Any ideas? TIA!

  • #2
    Make sure the display order for your smilies in the Smilie Manager are all the same... e.g. All smilies are set to display order 1.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Make sure the display order for your smilies in the Smilie Manager are all the same... e.g. All smilies are set to display order 1.

      they are. I have two groups, generic and big. Generic, which has the 400+ smilies is 1 and big, whih has about 11 smilies is 2. ) .I even checked function_editor.php to see if the old version matched with the new 3.8.1 and it did.

      When I delete one smile, the smilies randomize, but only when I do that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dobie View Post
        When I delete one smile, the smilies randomize, but only when I do that.
        Your version of MySQL is caching the query and reusing it. Normally this is a good thing as it saves server resources but it is not providing the results you want. Unfortunately, there is no way around this without customized coding. You might check at www.vbulletin.org to see if there is an addon to randomize smilies.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Your version of MySQL is caching the query and reusing it. Normally this is a good thing as it saves server resources but it is not providing the results you want. Unfortunately, there is no way around this without customized coding. You might check at www.vbulletin.org to see if there is an addon to randomize smilies.
          that makes sense. It's strange that it just happened. Thanks for the help!

          Comment

          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X