X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB Error: Unknown MySQL Server Host

I'm getting the following database error:

"Unknown MySQL server host"

The error report that I get emailed to me says that the error is occurring on line 311 of includes/class_core.php.

I know you set the database name in config.php, and I know that value is correct. Could the port be incorrect? Right now it's set at the default value: 3306.

Also of note: it seems, at least to me, that this is happening randomly. Sometimes the forums work fine, other times I am getting the error.

Any ideas?

Are your forums working most of the time? If so, then this is a temporary server issue.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I just bought the web hosting yesterday, and I bought and downloaded vB yesterday as well. So I can't really say whether this is just a hiccup or not. I do know that it is happening quite often since I have made the forums live. Like I said above (after an edit), it's not a constant error. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I get the error. In the past...I don't know...30 minutes or so, I've received about 25 emails with this error. Granted a lot of those are probably me refreshing. I can't seem to find any kind of pattern to it, though. Is this something I should take up with my web host?

Comment

If your forums work at all, then this is a temporary server issue. The fact that it happens this frequently would be a major concern to me. A well-maintained server would not do this.

I would definitely contact the host. If they can't resolve this I'd find a more suitable host quickly before the data is corrupted.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok that's what I was afraid of. Thanks a lot for the quick replies. Unfortunately I literally just bought this web hosting. However, the good news is that my forums just went live about an hour ago so there's only like 2 threads. So losing all my posts won't be a huge deal. Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X