Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Bookmarks not showing up, tried a lot of things already....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Bookmarks not showing up, tried a lot of things already....

Social Bookmarking is enabled, the permissions are set, I even made a new style from "no parent", changed the forums view, and still a no go. I even tried to take out the <if> statements in the SHOWTHREAD style to make it load no matter what, and the table loaded but it only showed the "Bookmarks" Title, and the row where the digg and other social bookmarks are wasn't there.

Thanks for the help.

Do you physically have the images on your server?

images/misc/bookmarksite_digg.gif
    images/misc/bookmarksite_delicious.gif
    images/misc/bookmarksite_stumbleupon.gif
    images/misc/bookmarksite_google.gif

Comment

Yes I do. The entire Bookmarks table is not loading.

Comment

First, the Social Bookmarks with only appear on Threads that can be viewed by Guests.

If that is the case, then make sure you have enabled the bookmarks here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Thread Display Options -> Enable Social Bookmarking -> Yes

And that you have the specific bookmarks here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Social Bookmarking Manager

If you still don't see these, then you will need to revert your custom templates.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for the help. I was unaware that the forum needs to be visible to the guests, this has solved the problem. Is there a way to get around this?

Comment

Not without modifying the code.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Does twitter count as a social bookmark?

Will it work OK if added as one?

Would it work as a way for people to list a thread they liked on Twitter?

Will it publish some of the thread title?

Many thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X