Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered members can view thread titles not post help

Hello to all.

I have seen many forums that allow for an unregistered/not logged in member to view threads in categories yet when you go to click on a post you are instructed to register as you do not have the permission to view posts.

I am wondering how do you set this?

I can make a forum completely private, yet I want people to be able to see the thread titles.

I have even gone and looked through the permissions and noticed how it can be set that a guest can view titles, yet it still makes post accessible.

Any help would be great.

Chris

This setting should do it:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup (Unregistered) -> Can View Thread Content -> No
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wonderful thank you so very much. As always Vbulletin customer service is top notch

Comment

You're welcome.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X