X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new usergroup

Hi,
    Im stuck building my forum!! Day 2.

i want to have 2 groups of users, standard users, and advanced users.

I want the standard users to be able to join by just normal method of 'human verification' and then responding to their email.
    How can I set this up? Or is that normal by default, I mean having to check their email then follow a link.

I want the advanced users to have to be EITHER recommended by another advanced user, OR, to have emailed the admin something to prove that they are a registered business...

How can I set this up.
    I then want a special forum which only the advanced users can use- i think at least that bit looks like it will be easy to set up.!

So.... please please please clever people...
    1) how do i set up a new different usergroup like this
    2) how can i set up the protocols for approval

thanks!!
    editor of the PetDoctorForum for pets and vets

One way you could do it is to make everyone a "standard" user once they successfully register. Then have them Private Message you the required info to be a "advanced user", and then you could manually edit their user profile change their usergroup to be advanced.

For registration, setup your desired human verification, and verify emails:

Admin CP -> Human Verification Manager
    Admin CP -> vbulletin options -> User Registration Options -> Verify Email address in Registration -> YES

Create a new Usergroup, call it something like "Advanced Users"

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager

Create the forum in the Forum Manager for the Advanced Users. To make the Advanced forum exclusive, edit the forum permissions.

Admin CP -> Forums and Moderation -> Forum Permissions

Under the Advanced forum, edit all the unregistered, awaiting confirmation, and standard users so that they cannot view/participate in the forum.
    IllinoisLoyalty.com

Comment

thanks, thats great
      editor of the PetDoctorForum for pets and vets

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X