other users can't see album pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other users can't see album pics

so my forum is brand new. i just made a test album and put a picture in it. i see the picture. i added the pic to a test thread and i see it there too.

another user cannot see it. he's a super moderator also.

the album was set to public and he couldn't see the album or the picture in the thread. i changed the album type so moderators and contacts could see it. then he saw it in the album but not the thread. i changed it back to public and again he saw it in album but not in the thread.

i tested this by using a different browser not logged in and i get just the text in the thread but no picture.

this is crucial since it's a photography forum.

www.eastcoastfoto.com

thanks for any help.

Make sure they have this permission:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Albums

Comment

I just verified that the 2 usergroups in question (administrators - myself and supermoderator - my test buddy) and they are both set to yes.

i can see the photo in his album but not in the thread and the same for him with mine.

album images are stored in the database as of right now.

Comment

Hmm. I don't see why else you would be having this problem. We can take a look if you submit a ticket with a URL and admin login to your forum, as well as a login for a user who is having this problem.

Comment

i am submitting a ticket now. i appreciate any help. i just can't figure why i can see the photos in an album but now when it's put in a thread. thanks again.

Comment

Did you find any solution to this? I have the same problem on my forum...
            Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

I sure did. it was a lack of www. for me. if you put a photo up at www.eastcoastfoto.com and i viewed from eastcoastfoto.com then i couldn't view the photo. so i informed my users to view the site from www.eastcoastfoto.com. when they did that, it worked out. also... needed to make sure that the link to the photo had the www. as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X