Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You set her attachment path yourself here:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

Leave a comment:

• Kode
    replied
    The url is rcfiles.com but I got it worked out. Here were my steps. I upgraded from 3.1 to 3.8.1, then moved servers a few days later. I did move the files into the database and back to the filesystem before the move but it was a different file structure on the new server. So I moved attachments back into the DB and out again, noticed that the path was wrong by default to move out to the file sytem (problem 1 I am sure). And when rebuilding thumbnails I noticed the folder needed to be changed to 777. Everything works again. I am guessing that maybe I never changed that in the attachpath. Where is that located? /path/to/your/attachment/directory

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What's the URL?

Leave a comment:

• Kode
    replied
    Steve, appreciate the time you have helped on this. Unfortunately I did all the steps you mentioned. I went on to chmod the whole forums directory to 777 just to see if it was a permissions issue, turned off ajax completely because I wasn't sure if the script was using it, and switched back and forth between GD and ImageMagick. I am really at a lose trying to understand this.

Update: To be safe, I just uploaded the whole 3.8.1 minus the install folder and even created a new config.php to cover everything.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• Kode
    replied
    Mozilla Firefox is just a blank white page with nothing in the source.

This is the IE page

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    • You are not connected to the Internet.
    • The website is encountering problems.
    • There might be a typing error in the address.
    What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What is a 'standard IE error'? What error do you see if you use a different browser?

Leave a comment:

• Kode
    started a topic Attachments goto an error page when submitting

Attachments goto an error page when submitting

3.8.1 - Just upgraded to this as well as our server so I know this is just something easy. Goto upload an image and after clicking upload I get a standard IE error with no code (500,404, etc). There is no entry in error_log, diagnostics passes (but upload_tmp_dir was set to none?), safe mode off, php 5, gd2, and ImageMagick 6.2 installed. Tried both IM and GD to no avail. Happens for registered users and admin. The only thing left for me to possibly think is that we just moved servers and there are possibly a few propagation issues but I figure since I am on the site it should work. Any ideas? TIA.

Update: Albums are updating just fine as well as avatars.
    Last edited by Kode; Fri 30 Jan '09, 8:58pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X