Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Maybe you ran the import twice across two import sessions? That would result in duplicate content.

If the import was bad and you can't restore a backup then there isn't much else you can do. You should always backup your database and do thorough testing before going live after an import.

Leave a comment:

• MikeF
    replied
    Delete Duplicate POSTS

Why is there a Delete Duplicate Threads option but no Delete Duplicate Posts? My forum has over 5,000 duplicate posts on it that I am unable to delete without some SQL support. I am able to isolate the problem using a query posted by a vBulletin Team Member for vBulletin 3.6 (legacy), but there is no way to delete the posts themselves in phpMyAdmin or the mysql console without doing some heavy coding on my end.

I am dismayed by this problem and this is the resultant policy of using Impex which sure is buggy as hell for as much work has been put into it I followed it to the letter with multiple backups. Unfortunately this is a very active forum I am hosting and there is no going back to when this problem started... ever. So I guess I should just go around and delete 5,000 duplicate posts manually?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    You shouldn't manually delete thread records from the database. There are other associated and joined records to consider.

Since your custom import caused this problem you should ideally restore a backup of your database and take measures to fix the import so it doesn't do this. Of course we cannot support your custom import script.

Leave a comment:

• magnaromagna
    replied
    Thanks for info
    The import was not made by another forum but from another database where were stored some lyrics (a custom script made this import, I can show you in PM if you like).
    I can find theese duplicate/similar post and threads only by searching them in phpmyadmin (I noticed them through Google Webmaster Tool duplicate section).
    Example: if I search through pymyadmin terms How Will You Know by Justin Guarini I see 30 table thread with this title, and 50 table post with this title field
    My question: if I delete them from phpmyadmin it's a problem?
    Can I delete them and after update the counters?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The utility to delete duplicate threads requires that their titles, dates, and forums be the same. I assume these criteria don't hold for your duplicates.

What forum did you import from? Did the source forum contain the same threads and posts as the target forum?

Leave a comment:

• magnaromagna
    started a topic threads not indexed, how delete them

threads not indexed, how delete them

Hello,
    after an import I see that some thread and post are duplicated. Tried to delete duplicates discussion through admincp but nothing. Tried to rebuild the search index (after empty it) but nothing, I don't find theese thread by search. Google webmaster tool shown them.
    I want to delete, but as I can see, I could only trhough phpmyadmin. Is there a procedure to delete thread/post through phpmyadmin? Or, can I delete theese records (post table and thread table) and after update counters?
    Thanks