Joomla Integration with vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joomla Integration with vBulletin

We are in the process of integrating vBulletin with our website which we are using Joomla 1.5 - we are also using "Community Builder" and we are using "JFusion" as a bridge between the two (vBulletin and Joomla).

We are trying to use the function processes of Community Builder for logging in and logging out and we are running into a Fatal Error.

The Fatal Error is "cannot redeclare unhtml characters" and this only happens on LOGIN and LOGOUT - but have not tested it on REGISTRATION.

The call is being defined as "comprofiler.class.php" in Community Builder and the call is trying to be redefined as "function.php" in vBulletin.

We are wondering if there is an "if/then" statement that can be made to let these two calls work together or something else to reconcile the two.

If this is vague, or is not understandable, I will attempt to ask the question again. I can also provide the actual code that is being called if necessary.

Biz

You need to contact the people that wrote the addons that you are using. We cannot provide support for third-party code and they should not try to redefine functions from vBulletin in their code.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Biz.
      ... this is an old post (a year old now). Not sure if you've been able to bridge vBulletin with Joomla.

I've successfully done it on my site ( can I give a URL? )> The Joomla front end: http://www.logodesignforum.com with vBulletins' back end: http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/forum.php
      I've used a 3rd party to create a skin for my vbulletin. They don't touch any of the vBulletin code at all. Really smooth. You can read how we did it from the home page of the site above.

Admins: I'm not sure if I'm able to provide a link to my own site from here, please let me know. I can break up the link above if so.
      ... just trying to help

Marc

Comment

Initially we ended up connecting Joomla via JFusion to VB. We integrated JomSocial which is a fantastic social networking component. However, we relaunched two weeks ago with VB 4.0 to place everything under one roof, so to speak. While it is a work in progress, it has been quite successful. I have relegated all of our Cart functions to a separate Joomla site running Virtuemart. So far so good!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X