Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time zone right, time wrong

http://www.atxscene.com/forums/

Can't seem to figure this one out. I have my time zone set as -6 (Central time), and it's 12:48 AM as I write this, but on my forums, it says, for some of the last posts, "Posted 38 minutes ago at 5:43 AM"... Can someone help?

vBulletin gets its time from the server. You need to set the timezone in the Admin CP to whatever you want the default to be and the DST settings should match whatever settings are on the server.

Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP. If you do this correctly and the server time is correct, then the correct times will show.

This also assumes that you have not modified the footer template to affect the DST detection code in it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sounds like your server clock is off.

Edit: Dang Steve, don't you ever sleep?
      Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

I checked with HostGator; they said server time was correct.

You said something about the footer template. How should the code look?

Comment

omg... my own option was set to western european time.. im so sorry... nevermind!!

Comment

Change your own option to the correct time.
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X