Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using an external app to post to the forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an external app to post to the forums?

OK, I use Macromedia Director for my programming, and they have a method called PostNetText which lets you communicate with web scripts. I'm wondering if I could post on forums using this method. I guess the big thing is figuring out how to send my login and password as well as the URL I'd need to post to.

The syntax is really simple, here is some example code to show you how somoene did it...

-- assemble cgi param names and values as prop list
    cgiData = [#name:"Alan Levine", #eyes:"brown", #iq:212, #comments:"If my iq were that high, I would write better articles"]

-- web address for server
    cgiURL = "http://www.blah.com/cgi-bin/record_user.pl"

-- send it!
    postNetText (cgiURL, cgiData)

Does it look like something like this could be done on the vbulletin forums?

Due to existing protocols, this most likely would not work without code modifications on vBulletin's end. You would need to create a script specifically for Director to communicate with and insert that post into vBulletin using Data Managers. You may be able to receive help with this at www.vbulletin.org but implementing something like this is outside the scope of standard support.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X