• Show
Clear All

• DivineMessage
    replied
    Cleared browser cache and its working now, thanks! =]

Leave a comment:

• DivineMessage
    replied
    The only add-on I ever installed was facebook connect and I uninstalled it and removed it. I still have vbadvanced but the problem wasn't caused by that, I am sure of it.

What vbconnent does is allows me to login with my facebook account on my site. I did that then merged that account with my own and it broke it. Is there some way to undo the merge?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The browser should have an option for this.

P.S. I just checked your site and you sill have add-ons installed from what I can tell. Make sure you follow all those instructions. This is not a problem that occurs wih the default vB code.

Leave a comment:

• DivineMessage
    replied
    I have done all of that except to empty my browser cache and it still isn't working. How do I do that?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Make sure your content is not in a BB Code, otherwise the characters won't count.

If that is not the issue, then this problem is due to a modification. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• DivineMessage
    started a topic Wont let me post

Wont let me post

It will let everyone else post but every time I try to post it says I need to post at least one character but I am making VERY long posts... no problems for anyone but me. Been happening ever since I merged another user's account with my own. Any ideas?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X