X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdj
    replied
    Hi there

I'm sorry if I'm being dense but I haven't used the social group feature yet and I'm trying to work out how to get started so that groups of people using the board can see a particular icon in a particular discussion area to let them know visually that they are communicating with their preferred group of people. I'm using 3.8 and have pre booked 4.0 but don't have the confidence to use the beta version yet. So still trying to use the social group feature.

So I want to set up some social groups. In vBulletin options I can see the social group options feature and that seems straightforward. In the admin cp there's a social group section that allows me to create categories. I can create categories and then go back and choose the edit categories menu. However, when I do so each of the categories shows a "zero" under social groups telling me that I have not actually created any social groups. So how do I actually create a social group rather than a category? I can't see this anywhere else e.g. in usergroups.

How do I do it?

[PS: Already checked the online manual and can't see any answers there]

Leave a comment:

• AMUforums
    replied
    Create a special usergroup for them.

Leave a comment:

• ojkershaw
    replied
    But that would prevent members from seeing all other social groups.

I have just one social group on my board where the members want to be able to join, but do not want anyone else seeing that they are members.

All other social groups need to carry on working as usual.

Does anyone know if there is a way that this can be done?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    You would have to deny access for their usergroup:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Social Groups

Leave a comment:

• ojkershaw
    started a topic Private social groups

Private social groups

Hi all,

Is it possible to create an invite only social group where the members of the group cannot be seen by non-members?

Thanks,

OJ
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X