Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Keep Attachments" option in editpost missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Keep Attachments" option in editpost missing?

I no longer see the "Keep Attachments" option when deleting a post with the edit post button.

Has something been changed so I need to enable this for Admins & Super Moderators?

Thanks,
    James
    If you read it online, it must be true.

I still see this in my unmodified 3.8.0 test forum. Have you installed any add-ons?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Same problem without any plugins.

I looked at the editpost template and found:

Code:
            <if condition="$show['physicaldeleteoption'] AND $show['keepattachmentsoption']">(<label for="cb_keepattachments"><input type="checkbox" name="keepattachments" value="1" id="cb_keepattachments" tabindex="1" checked="checked" />$vbphrase[keep_attachments]</label>)</if>
      I want to keep the option to not allow the mods to physically remove messages, but I do want them to be able to delete posts and keep the attachments. In fact, it would be nice to force the "keep attachments" option.

Comment

If you do not have any add-ons installed and still have this problem with the default templates, then fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve. It isn't a problem with my board. I think the code is "working as designed", however I think the logic is backwards.

If I take away the "Physically Remove Message" option it means I'd like moderators to just soft delete the post and preserve the content.

Unfortunately, when moderators don't have permission to physically remove messages it (the editpost template) also automatically takes away the "Keep Attachments" options so they cannot soft delete a post and preserve the attachments.

This is only an issue with the edit button. It works properly for the inline moderation of posts.

Thanks,
          James

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X