Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM's showing quoted message automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM's showing quoted message automatically?

Just upgraded to 3.8.0.

Question about PM's. Seems that when you read a PM it's automatically putting the quoted message in the reply box. Is this suppose to be working this way. What's the point then of the "reply with quote" button? Is there a way to disable this?

When you reply to a PM, the previous messages are always quoted, I guess it's using the same theory in the quick reply. I haven't found an option to disable this.

Comment

Originally posted by glennybee View Post
      When you reply to a PM, the previous messages are always quoted, I guess it's using the same theory in the quick reply. I haven't found an option to disable this.
      I'm not talking about replying. When I read a message now in 3.8.0 the message is automatically shown as a quote in the reply box before clicking the reply button.

Is this a glitch?

Comment

I think that's what glennybee meant.

I don't think it's a glitch but it's annoying.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

ah somebody raised this topic lol.

It surely is annoying. Would had been better to have a check box to quote or not, just like in quick reply.

Comment

Here's a quick fix: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1715623
            That's the end of that!

Comment

OK...just wanted to be sure it wasn't some sort of glitch after my upgrade. Guess it's suppose to work that way but...yeah...it's annoying.

Thanks for the tip Mr.Nase.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X