restricting style choices by usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restricting style choices by usergroup

i have a number of styles - some of which i want to restrict usage of - how can i achieve this

to try and give an explanation

the board is open to view by passers by - there is one set of forums on view where guests/passers by can view - i want this to be vb default style [for example]

if a guest joins he becomes a registered user but still only has access to that set of forums and i still want to show them the same forum style

we have a core of old members who i have set up as a different user group - once they log in i want them to have access to a choice of styles

i have tried all the combinations [that i can see] of settings for styles and cannot achieve this

i think it can be done as i think it did it on 3.8 rc1 - unfortanatly i cannot check as we lost the test board where i was trying it to a server crash

so i guess the question is how do i give a usergroup the same choice of styles that an admin gets

thanks

tony

There is no option to restrict styles by usergroup. It's all or nothing.

You might find an addon for this on www.vbulletin.org. I recommend you search / ask over there.

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks both - i must be getting old as i thought i had done it - obviously not

will look at vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X