• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To edit the navbar directly, find this:

$vbphrase[user_cp]

And change it to this:

User Profile

Note: This will not change 'User CP' anyplace else . You would have to edit the phrase to do that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know this isn't my thread and i'm honestly trying to help, so, if i'm not allowed to continue to post then please say so, however...........

Steve, i tried your tip and it gave me an error, i can post it if you want, but, it was to do with the space in "User Profile"
      Given that "user_cp" has the underscore i tried that instead as "user_profile"
      This completely removed the User CP from the navbar altogether.

The place i am making the changes are in the navbar template.
      I can find various locations in phrases that user_cp exists, so, maybe this is a bug??
      https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

There is no bug. Both of the methods I posted in this thread work fine. I did them myself. I honestly am puzzled why you would have those problems.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

user_cp will be referenced anywhere the phrase assigned to user_cp is called. You don't want to change every reference to user_cp, you want to change the assignment in the phrase.

Go to vbulleten_language.xml

Find
          Code:
          <phrase name="user_cp"><![CDATA[User CP]]></phrase>
          Replace with
          Code:
          <phrase name="user_cp"><![CDATA[User Profile]]></phrase>
          Now everywhere that calls the phrase user_cp will have User Profile instead of User CP.
          Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            To edit the navbar directly, find this:

$vbphrase[user_cp]

And change it to this:

User Profile

Note: This will not change 'User CP' anyplace else . You would have to edit the phrase to do that.
            I find this phrase in the navbar template, i change it as you describe and get this fault:-
            "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ']' in /home/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forums/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3938) : eval()'d code on line 78"

Originally posted by bigwater View Post
            user_cp will be referenced anywhere the phrase assigned to user_cp is called. You don't want to change every reference to user_cp, you want to change the assignment in the phrase.

Go to vbulleten_language.xml

Find
            Code:
            <phrase name="user_cp"><![CDATA[User CP]]></phrase>
            Replace with
            Code:
            <phrase name="user_cp"><![CDATA[User Profile]]></phrase>
            Now everywhere that calls the phrase user_cp will have User Profile instead of User CP.
            This assumes i can find that file, i've checked on my server and cannot find it, so, do you have a direct link.

I appreciate everyone's help, but simply saying find this and do this isn't working for me
            For example, i am doing this:-
            Admincp -> styles & templates -> search in templates ->
            I then enter "$vbphrase[user_cp]" in the find box and it shows me the navbar template, i open that and continue the search to find "$vbphrase[user_cp]".
            I then edit that user_cp to user profile and get the error posted above.

I cannot find the phrase using the phrase search
            https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

Sorry... was vbulletin-languange.xml. Fast typing and fat fingering got ahead of me. If basic search and replace functionality on your server is beyond you, perhaps you need to seek assistance.
              Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwater View Post
                Sorry... was vbulletin-languange.xml. Fast typing and fat fingering got ahead of me. If basic search and replace functionality on your server is beyond you, perhaps you need to seek assistance.
                Search and replace is easy for me, my ftp programme couldn't find it, but, i got there eventually, i applied the changes you suggested and it didn't work, the navbar still showed User CP.

For me, this is not my thread and i hope i haven't deviated from the original poster's request, so, i'll slip quietly away.

Comment

Gismo, thanks very much that you are trying to help. I too get an error because of the blank space when I tried to change from "user_cp" to "User Profile". It won't take a blank space between User and Profile.

I am not sure why changing the navbar has to be so complex.

Comment

Originally posted by nguyend View Post
                    Gismo, thanks very much that you are trying to help. I too get an error because of the blank space when I tried to change from "user_cp" to "User Profile". It won't take a blank space between User and Profile.
                    That is not true. As I said I did this myself.

From this:

<if condition="$show['member']">
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
                    </if>

To this:

<if condition="$show['member']">
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">User Profile</a></td>
                    </if>

Works fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ah, thanks for your perserverance Steve, it just shows that if you look at something long enough it does become obvious.

Like me, nguyend inserted the User Profile where the user_cp was inside the brackets, so......

nguyend, look at the string of text Steve has supplied, then go to your navbar template and replace the string of text with the new one, works perfectly for me.

Thanks Steve

Comment

In my defense I clearly stated what to change in post #16.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I got it. Thanks very much for your helped Steve and Gismo. Now I feel like an idiot

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X