Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webber
    replied
    Kewl.... I don't want to lose the ability to opt back in once all the concerns posted throughout have been addressed.

I was thinking that kewl ---- VB adsense will have my revenue, etc. then members scared me LOL

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You do not need to reupload any files. This will not affect your existing personal adsense code.

Leave a comment:

• Webber
    replied
    Quick question: Must I upload the non adsense vb version so that my current adsense is not affected?

Or does the adsense vb version impact my personal adsense?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can continue to use your existing Adsense code. To remove the Google Adsense integration you need to do the following:

1. Log into your Admin CP and go to:
    Advertising -> Google Adsense.

Set the package to None and save.

2. Log into the Members Area and choose the option to disassociate this.

3. Log into your Google Adsense account. Go to 'My Account', then 'Account access'. Disable this there as well.

4. Download a new vB zip file and upload those files, replacing the existing ones.

Remove these files:

/admincp/deployads.php
    /includes/adsense_templates.php
    /includes/xml/cpnav_ads.xml

The latter is not necessary but it will remove Google Adsense from showing up in the Admin CP.

Leave a comment:

• eJM
    replied
    You had to upload several files that only come with the Adsense version and there is a change to the init.php file. You are supposed to go through the support ticket procedure to deal with this issue, but I haven't heard whether they will tell you to delete the additional files and give you a different init.php file to upload.

It's a very poor implementation, in my opinion. You have to jump through hoops. Please let us know how they manage this. I sure wouldn't feel safe without the removal of the extra files and a new init.php file, in addition to what they do via support ticket.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Webber
    started a topic Adsense version vs Non Adsense Version

Adsense version vs Non Adsense Version

I upgraded to 3.8 using the adsense version thinking I needed this version to run my adsense ads.

After reading many topics on this subject and until the 1001 questions have been ironed out - I decided to deactivate the adsense via the acp and disabled the vbulletin adsense i my google adsense account.

My question is: By using the adsense version of vb 3.8 with the adsense advertisment disabled in acp and vb disabled in my account, will this affect my original google adsense code that I have in the ad_location templates and my revenue?

Or do I have to install the vb non adsense version? OR ????

Thanks in advance.