Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How ti hide Deletion notices for (Super)-moderanors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    You can do it with custom code. But you would have to ask on www.vbulletin.org for help with that.

Leave a comment:

• HolyKiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    I just tested this and you are right. It seems moderators can always view deletion notices. That actually makes sense.
    So, is there ANY chance to DISABLE it for supermoderators and moderators? My moderators are rly confused by the deleted messages (deletion notices), because we migrate from phpBB to vBulletin and this is rlly obtrusive thing for my mod.

And like i said, i don't want delete posts physicaly, because this is one (of the milion ) thing what i like on vBulletin. Delete messages so users can't see it and they think posts are gone, but if any problems come, i can un-delete messages and problem is solved

Thanks for your answer

Holy

EDIT: And moving individual posts to some "trash" section is crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by HolyKiller View Post
    EDIT: And one more thing. Is possible to allow supermoderators to change users email and username via MODCP, or i need grant administrator rights for them?
    Only admins can do that.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I just tested this and you are right. It seems moderators can always view deletion notices. That actually makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• HolyKiller
    replied
    That is the only permission for it:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can See Deletion Notices

Make sure this is disabled for their primary and secondary usergroups.
    Like i said, this option i set to "NO" (viz attach), but they still can see deletion notices (i test it on my test account and it is true). Moderators and Supermoderators don't have secondary usergroup, just the primary.

You can edit this template to change the defaults for thread moves:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Thread Administration Templates -> threadadmin_movethread
    Thank you for that

Holy

EDIT: And one more thing. Is possible to allow supermoderators to change users email and username via MODCP, or i need grant administrator rights for them?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HolyKiller; Wed 14 Jan '09, 2:57am.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    That is the only permission for it:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can See Deletion Notices

Make sure this is disabled for their primary and secondary usergroups.

You can edit this template to change the defaults for thread moves:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Thread Administration Templates -> threadadmin_movethread

Leave a comment:

• HolyKiller
    started a topic How ti hide Deletion notices for (Super)-moderanors?

How ti hide Deletion notices for (Super)-moderanors?

Hi,

My (super-)moderators are confused by the "Deletion Notices" what they can see after post deleting. I don't want physically removing posts, so mod's don't have permission for that, only soft-delete is aviable. I already set Can See Deletion Notices to NO in Moderator and Supermoderator group permission, but they still can see it.

Please, can anyone help me, how to hide Deletion notices for Moderators and Supermoderators?

Thanks a lot

Holy

EDIT: One more thing. When moderator moving thread, he can set Expiring Redirects and choose duration. Default value is 1 month, but this is too much for us, and we need always change the duration value manually. So, how can i change the default expiring value to something else, like a 3 days? Thanks again
    Last edited by HolyKiller; Tue 13 Jan '09, 3:26pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X