'Remember Me' not working for some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Remember Me' not working for some

I did a fresh 3.8 install over the weekend and imported everything from my old 3.6 board. For the most part, everything is working fine except two users have mentioned that the "Remember Me" log-in option isn't working for them.

They've cleared cookies and are not blocking them and they say it's always worked fine for them in the past. I've been researching the problem but haven't found anything, so I don't know what to tell them to try next. They say that while they're on the board, they stay logged in fine, but once they leave and come back, they have to log in again...and they're not hitting "log out".

Any ideas?
    Rachael

Expressive Parents.com

If it works for everyone except them then it's probably a client cookie problem. Also verify what URL they are using to visit the forum. Depending on your cookie settings and addons this could be a factor.

Comment

I'm having the same problem.. I'm having to re-login multiple times.

I just upgraded to 3.8, and at shortly there after installed the IBproarcade app.

Any way someone can help me fix it so it doesn't keep forgetting who I am (and everyone else too)

Jon

Comment

Try resetting your cookie path and domain:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options

The path should be "/" and the domain should be blank.

Or also try using a cookie domain like this (which uses your domain name, including the beginning dot):

.domain.com

That will make it so your forum cookies work from any subdomain of your domain, with or without "www". This can sometimes resolve login problems under certain forum setups.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I've changed it.. I'll see if the complaints stop now

Thanks for the quick response too!

Jon

Comment

Just wanted to update, and say that it's still not working.

I just noticed I had the same issue on this forum here, which is also 3.8. Perhaps my wife played with some cookie settings, or maybe my virus scanner did?? I dunno, can I get some more help?

I'm not an expert, but I manage a Vbulletin forum.

Jon

Comment

The only thing that would stop this is if something is blocking cookies.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am having this same problem (along with most others on my forum) since upgrading. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
                Jenny Wanderscheid
                http://childfun.com

Comment

I'd think 2 of us having the same issue means something isn't working right.. I just am not tech saavy enough to help figure out anymore than I can verify it's a bit of a random occurance.

I'm using AVG anti-virus.

Jon

Comment

Do you have just the Antivirus or their "Suite"?

Most protection suites include Internet Privacy features and can delete cookies automatically. Your browser can also be set to delete all cookies when it is closed. You should look through your options to see if you can set up trusted sites or turn off these features if you want to take advantage of "Remember Me".
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I've checked my browser. It is not deleting the cookies. The cookie is still there, I just have to log in again. It's crazy.
                      Jenny Wanderscheid

Comment

We're having the same problem. I've added the cookie domain as suggested, we'll see what happens.

Comment

Adding the cookie domain seems to have worked, sort of.

As admin, I have created a regular user account as well. When I click log off (as Admin), I'm taken back to the login prompt. I login as my regular user account, the redirect acknowledges that login, then signs me in with the Admin name. This is happening in FireFox. Not IE.

Once I removed the cookie domain, I'm able to log out/log in with the different names and the log in works.

Comment

I went in and manually deleted my cookies, and changed the inactivity time too, and that helps some.
                            Jenny Wanderscheid

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Just moved the forum. Cleared all the cookies, reset the caches with tools.php, but the forum just won't keep me logged in. It thanks me for logging in, then I'm back as a guest user. Same for the admincp login.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X