How To Enable HTML In Posts For Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Enable HTML In Posts For Admin

I can't seem to find this anywhere in vb options or usergroup options. Am I overlooking it somewhere?

I just found how I can turn it on or off at the forum level but that seems to turn it on for everyone. I'd like only administrators to be able to post to it.

Comment

Originally posted by i156 View Post
      I just found how I can turn it on or off at the forum level but that seems to turn it on for everyone. I'd like only administrators to be able to post to it.
      All or non are the options.
      Old pain.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
        All or non are the options.
        Old pain.
        Wow, that's kind of surprising. Thanks.

Comment

What are the drawbacks of allowing html? That opens security issues or no?

Comment

I am reading that it isn't a good idea. I really wanted to be able to embed some flash into some of my threads like I do in this link with WebTemplates so I could get rid of that plugin and just use a regular vbulletin thread.

http://www.usacarry.com/ohio_conceal...formation.html

Comment

This has been requested over a 100 times since 3.6 but it still isn't there in 3.8 final. I doubt even vb4 will have it or not. A pain really.

I wonder why is this option then, when it *cannot* be enabled. Its actually incomplete without usergroup permissions.

Is it soooo hard to implement??

Comment

This doesn't seem to be released on 3.8.0 just yet, but try this....

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...usergroup+html

Allow Usergroups to Post HTML

I've been using it with 3.7.x and it worked a treat. I haven't yet tried using it in 3.8.x though, so time will tell.
                VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
                No Addons - none at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X