Standard Group Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Group Icon

Was there a standard/default group icon given to all groups in 3.8? If so what is it and where is it located.

This is the default when you don't upload an icon for a social group:

images/misc/unknown_sg.gif

Comment

Where in the Admincp can you change the default "unknown" icon w/out overwriting the gif file? I'm sure my users have this image already cached in their browsers and I'd like to put a custom image in it's place.

Thanks!

Comment

It is defined in the includes/functions_socialgroup.php file. Search for "unknown_sg.gif"

You would have to modify the code or use a plugin. It would be much easier to replace the image.

Comment

I manually uploaded this image and it worked, but when users upload their own image, no image appears and the page gets all messed up. But I may be able to fix it.

Comment

Some people are having problems with custom social group icons. See this thread for some ideas:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296018

Comment

Thanks. I followed the directions. All users have to do is reupload.

Comment

Sorry to double post but I have a question.
                Once I have completed all this can I turn safe mode off?

Comment

If the icon uploads work without safe mode then you can turn it off. Otherwise leave it on.

Comment