Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Groups Permission and Usergroups

Hi there,

My end goal is to be able to set certain people as being able to create usergroups.

I understand how to move them into an entire NEW usergroup, but from what I am reading about additional usergroups, I think I should be able to accomplish it that way as well? So, they would stay in their primary usergroup, but the permissions in the additional usergroup would allow them to create usergroups?

For example, all users are currently in Happy Users. This is the group that all users who have been members more than three days get moved into.

Now, if I want some of the Happy Users to be allowed to create Social Groups, I added another Customer usergroup called "Group Owners". This usergroup has the Social Group Permissions of Can Create Users groups checked to yes, and as I understand it, that should override the No set on the Primary Usergroup?

Because if that should work, it is not.

Help?

Okay, my bad. I just figured it out.

*bangs head on desk*

Just realized this has to be checked Yes as well.

Allow Users to have Member Groups
    (Sets whether or not permissions from the user's member (secondary) user group memberships are inherited or not)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X