Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Problem

Hi,
    My web host has deactivated my website due to my site has been causing performance problems. I have only 2 plug-ins:

Links and Downloads Manager
    and
    vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

using final version VBulletin 3.8

My host is telling me that the problem is at the 20090109-19.log

Code:
    # Fri Jan  9 19:01:58 2009
    # Query_time: [COLOR=Red]169  [/COLOR]Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 101486  Rows_examined: 101486
    use tevenico_****;
    SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ * FROM `post`

# Fri Jan  9 19:02:12 2009
    # Query_time: 12  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 6027  Rows_examined: 6027
    use tevenico_****;
    SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ * FROM `postedithistory`

# Fri Jan  9 19:02:24 2009
    # Query_time: 12  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 154835  Rows_examined: 154835
    use tevenico_****;
    SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ * FROM `postindex`
    Can anyone help? Tell me what's wrong with it? I would appreciate it,
    Thank you,

Those are some big queries. I don't know of any place in vBulletin that selects the entire post table like that. It might be from one of your addons.

Are you on a shared server? Performance on shared servers is usually unreliable because of the other sites on the same server.

Here are some intensive features you can toggle to help performance:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread / Attachment Views Immediately

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System

If you continue to have slowness problems then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum. Post the info requested in this thread and they will be able to make recommendations:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

But if you are on a shared server then they will probably just tell you to upgrade to a better server.

Comment

Not sure about it, but those queries look like a MySQL dump to me. Did you backup your database at that time?
      Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

I'm on a shared server, BlueHost server.
        Any recommendations?

Last night i optimized the forum, deleted a lot of old threads,and yes, i tried backing up for about 4 times, it kept saying "server timed out"

Comment

This happens when you backup. Your db is getting large so try backing up via SSH and you'll be good.

Comment

have you moved all attachments from the database to the file system.. that too will help the size of your database.

wD
            Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

vbulletin forum on a shared server BlueHost, servage, dreamhost or any kind of cheap host like those. i dont think thats an good idea.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X