Social group perms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social group perms

If a Socialgroup is private, I'd like for it to not appear in any list to anyone who is not a member.

How can I accomplish this?

THanks!
    -=morrow=-

I looked over the whole system on my test forum. There does not appear to be any option like you described. The closest thing is this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Social Group Options -> Allow Join-to-View Groups

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      I looked over the whole system on my test forum. There does not appear to be any option like you described. The closest thing is this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Social Group Options -> Allow Join-to-View Groups
      But this then means that even the public groups will have this option set too, correct?

What's the purpose of having an option for creating a "Private" group if Everyone can still see it? Kinda like a house with invisible shades, right? "Hey... we'll sell you these invisible privacy shades for your home... You can put them up but everyone will still be able to see you walking around the house nude." Maybe I'm missing something here?
      -=morrow=-

Comment

If you select the option above its more like a house with the shades drawn and shut tight. You can see it is there but if you're not a member then you can not see what happens inside. It doesn't affect public groups.

There is no way to remove a private group from the group list but if you want to allow private groups than you need to select that option. Groups can be invite only so not just anyone is allowed in. They have to give the password to Brutus through the keyhole at the front door.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I upgraded to 3.8 in hopes that this would be implemented, many of my members complained about not having truly private social groups. Hopefully this is somehting that can be implemented in a future release.

Comment

Originally posted by ericgtr View Post
            i upgraded to 3.8 in hopes that this would be implemented, many of my members complained about not having truly private social groups. Hopefully this is somehting that can be implemented in a future release.
            agreed!
            -=morrow=-

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X