No announcement yet.

AJAX doesn't work after upgrade to 3.8. Vbseo not installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem in one of my two forums.

I have deactivated all add-ons but ajax features doesn't work.

*edit*
    also used the standard vbulletin templates
    Last edited by entertain; Sat 10 Jan '09, 2:47am.

Comment

I have already understood that this problem is caused not directly by vbseo - vbseo is just the most common reason for it to occur. Just hope that support will find some workarounds for this - since this seems to be a more or less wide-spread bug...
      Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

If you're still having the issues with all addons disabled and a stock vBulletin style please open a support ticket.

Comment

Just posted a ticket. Thank you!

Comment

I'm problem with 3.8.0 RC .
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294430
            And don't solve my problem.

I'm restor full backup and back to 3.7.4

But yesterday upgrade to 3.8.0 Gold.
            And no problem and all ajax ,navbar ... . is worked.
            Thanks jelsoft team.

Comment

Originally posted by lifanovsky View Post
              Just posted a ticket. Thank you!
              Please tell us if the vB Team could help.

Comment

This was the fix for me http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=27021

Comment

Is this issue fixed within Support ticket ? If yes can you share what the problem was

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
                    Is this issue fixed within Support ticket ? If yes can you share what the problem was
                    Also waiting for a comment from the vB Team or from lifanovsky if it is fixed now.
                    Last edited by entertain; Sun 11 Jan '09, 6:01am.

Comment

It's working now for us. It has something to do with the server configuration.

Our server admin thinks that it can be, that the output-bufferung has caused this ajax errors. But he's not sure (any more)...

Comment

Originally posted by entertain View Post
                        Our server admin thinks that it can be, that the output-bufferung has caused this ajax errors. But he's not sure (any more)...
                        Could well be. I am using nginx as a firewall on the server - maybe it is causing something... Since in one browser I got everything working without doing anything...

The guy from the vB support, Zachery, logged in onto my forum and couldn't reproduce this bug. That's what I wrote him finally:

"Strange. Everything was working before the upgrade. I have 2 computers, both having IE, firefox and Chrome. Just in the afternoon all of them them were not able to use some AJAX features. Right now on both computers I see IE is able to use inline adding tags etc. and 2 others still redirect me to separate pages. I assume this is some kind of a strange bug on my side... Though I have no idea what's causing it. So, since I am able to act normally at least in one (and most popular) browser, guess its some bug on user side which has nothing to do with vB support."

So, on one hand - sorry, guys, I have no solution. On another hand, probably its working, and since my users say nothing about it - its really I have to do something with my computer. Strange, but its true...
                        Last edited by lifanovsky; Sun 18 Jan '09, 1:36pm. Reason: edited misspelling

Comment

In my case all users had this bug. With Quick-Reply f.e. they got this message:

Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Okay... So I have deactivated all add-ons/plug-ins and and created a new (standard) style.

Then I have tested it again and the bug was still their. Afterwards I knew it was vBulletin or the server.

Now it's working fine. But it's a bit strange.

Comment

Might be a cached file mismatch, do a hard refresh.

Comment

oh boy, I got the same "taking to a poll" message while quick replying. But it happened only once since 2 days of upgrade and nobody complained as well.

Sometimes server responds slowly making ajax to not work, at that time it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by entertain View Post
                                In my case all users had this bug. With Quick-Reply f.e. they got this message:

Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.
                                That's what I had too. Now in IE everything work perfect, but Firefox and Chrome still have this issue. I've uninstalled Firefox and installed it again - nothing changed. Feeling a bit strange about it. I understand there's something wrong with either software on my computer or with my server cinfig, but I can't figure out what exactly...

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                                Might be a cached file mismatch, do a hard refresh.
                                You mean SHIFT+F5 or something else?
                                Last edited by lifanovsky; Wed 14 Jan '09, 4:11am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X