• briansol
    replied
    see my sig...

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft

• conqsoft
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The association is required by Google so that we can build the ad units and ship them. This allows seamless integration with the colors of your existing styles. Without associating an Adsense account, there is no way to place ads on your site.
    That makes no sense. vBulletin could provide a local field, in vBulletin Options, for the Adsense ID to be entered, and accomplish the same thing.

The only reason it would need to be stored on Jelsoft's (IB's) server is if it is being used for some other purpose. Probably some type of income generation from an IB / Google relationship would be my guess.

I haven't tried it myself, but there are reports that Jelsoft/IB's "google_ad_host" ID is injected into the resulting Adsense code.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It places ads in specific locations...

Below the Navbar, Above the Footer and optionally in the first post of every thread for guests. It does so using the already existing templates. As the RSS Provider and the Archive functionality do not use templates, there isn't any way to insert ads.

See the manual for locations:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/adsense_integration

Leave a comment:

• stevectaylor

• stevectaylor
    replied
    Does the Adsence integration work with the Feed and WAP facilities?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would still have to qualify according to Google to use Adsense. We have no control over whether you are approved or not.

Leave a comment:

• paintballer.ie

• paintballer.ie
    replied
    Does applying for an adsense account via vbulletin before downloading ensure that you will get one?

What if you previously applied and were denied?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The association is required by Google so that we can build the ad units and ship them. This allows seamless integration with the colors of your existing styles. Without associating an Adsense account, there is no way to place ads on your site.

It is an optional program. You can add your Google Adsense manually without associating an account with your vBulletin.com Member's Area. However you will have to edit the look and feel of the ads and place them in the proper locations.

Leave a comment:

• alehawk
    started a topic Adsense, why?

Adsense, why?

Hi!
    Why do I have to associate mi adsense account to vbulletin?
    Why dont you give the adsense feature without this?
    Its ok if you are making money with google by sending people to sign up for adsense but I think that the feature should be enabled for everyone, including people who use adsense and doesnt want to send you private information.
    Tnx