No announcement yet.

Social Group Discussion Notifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Group Discussion Notifications?

Is there anything that will notify members of the social group that a discussion was posted?

I tried subscribing to some discussions but they don't show up anywhere. Is this not functional? When I go to "quick links" I have subscribed threads but that doesn't display the discussions. I need a way for my users to quickly see what discussions have posts.

Comment

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

I hate to keep bumping my own threads but I could use some help here.

Comment

No sorry, there is no notification as this time.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So what is the point of the subscribing function? And how are people to know that there has been a reply?
            http://www.mummybrain.org.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Rizzo View Post
              So what is the point of the subscribing function? And how are people to know that there has been a reply?
              Do we have to tell our users to not use this function because it is not working?

What happens to the subscribed social group/discussions?

Just found another thread:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t=subscription

I found out that the subscribed groups show up in the CP.
              Is there a way to have a link that point directly to the Subscribed Groups? It will do the job.
              Another solution: a link in the CP left-menu under the Subscribed items.
              Last edited by cirdok2; Sat 10th Jan '09, 12:44pm. Reason: added link to a previous post

Comment

I can't believe this. I got so excited that Social Groups would give the functionality I need i.e. that members of a group could be kept informed through email notifications. But it seems that's not the case. What a shame.

So what exactly is the point of the "Subscribe to This Group" feature. How does it work?

Comment

It tracks updated items from groups in their UserCP.

Comment

Thanks, Zachery, but I don't see anything in my UserCP. Where/what exactly does it look like?

Comment

I think it would be great if a user of the group gets notified under "notifications" when a group he is in gets a post.. The social groups feature have been very inactive..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X