Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transferring member list

Hi... can someone please help me.

Currently I am running a site with vBulleting 3.8.0 RC1. I am having some DB Crashes that I suspect are unrelated to this version. I think it's mostly that we've had VB for so many years with so many different versions and some old hacks that it would benefit our community if we were to start over from scratch. The issue is that I would like to import our members from our old version to a brand new installation.

Could someone please let me know if this is possible and, if so, how to go about doing it?

Thank you in advance,
    Dawn

There are no issues with RC1 causing database crashes. That is always a server issue.

I suggest you upgrade to 3.8.0 final tomorrow, but for specific help with these crashes we would need to have more info.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I wasn't looking for help with the db crashes. I would need to send my tech support person over here to do that, I just wanted to know if I can move my memberlist from one forum to another.

We are having lots of different issues. Members who cannot change their avatar, even though others in the same usergroup can. Even the administrators cannot change the specific member's avatar. Different things. Giving us reason to want to start the board from scratch. Maybe we're grasping at straws. But, our DB is huge. I just deleted over 400MB of attachments.

Here's our Server Stats from vBulletin's admin CP:

Server Type WINNT
      Web Server cgi-fcgi
      PHP 5.2.6
      PHP Max Post Size 8.00 MB
      PHP Maximum Upload Size 2.00 MB
      PHP Memory Limit 128.00 MB
      MySQL Version 5.0.20-nt
      MySQL Packet Size 1.00 MB

Data Usage 553.34 MB
      Index Usage 264.77 MB
      Attachment Usage 351.97 MB
      Profile Picture Usage 5.33 MB
      Unique Members Today 295
      New Users Today 5

the rest is just mod stuff...

As for the db crashes. We don't know why. But the database keeps corrupting. We have to load the latest back-up of the db and it goes again for a while.
      Last edited by mrsbuzzy; Wed 7th Jan '09, 1:45pm.

Comment

There is no supported option to move member info from one db to another. One *unsupported* way you can try is to install a new copy of vB to a new database, then use Impex to import the old data to the new one. Please read the online Impex import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Also please view the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Note: This will change all your existing user, post, thread and forum ID numbers. So all posted links will no longer work, as well as search engine results from prior to this import.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you... I will have my tech person look it over... I don't really know what else to do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X