restoring lost data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restoring lost data

I realize it was beta, but I lost several hundred threads and posts over several days without realizing it. Once I realized it I upgraded again and the problem fixed itself. However, I lost a decent chunk of data.

Looking through the database for specific threads and posts, some of them still exist. They just aren't displayed in the forum.

What can I do to restore specific posts (manually through the database)? There is one informational post in particular I was trying to restore. It shows in the database but not when viewing the thread id. Any ideas why?
    Check out my creative writing forum.

How did you lose these posts?

Comment

I have no idea. Most of it happened when I upgraded to the last beta version. Upgraded to RC2 and the problem dissapeared.

I assume, when uploading, a file corrupted which somehow resulted in some data lose.

Comment

Anyone?

I realize this isn't really a problem with the software, I'm just looking for info on restoring the posts. Checking the database threadid, the thread is still in the database as is the post info. It's simply not showing up in the actual forum. :/

Comment

Lost two days of post myself just recently.

Comment

Restoring specific posts can be really hard, there are a considerable number of things that have to happen. Generally its not worth the effort to selectively restore them.

Comment

It ended up being the host. Something when wrong with mysql and they ended up rolling back the server two days.

uhhhghgggg..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X