Increase similar threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase similar threads

How to increase similar threads results from 5 to 10?

search "similar threads" (with the quotes) and you'll find this thread - Increase rows in "Similar Threads" display?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

in most threads is database error

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT thread.threadid, thread.forumid, thread.title, thread.prefixid, thread.taglist, postusername, postuserid,
      thread.lastpost, thread.replycount,
      forum.title AS forumtitle
      ,post.pagetext AS preview
      , NOT ISNULL(subscribethread.subscribethreadid) AS issubscribed

FROM vBthread AS thread
      INNER JOIN vBforum AS forum ON (forum.forumid = thread.forumid)
      LEFT JOIN vBpost AS post ON (post.postid = thread.firstpostid)
      LEFT JOIN vBsubscribethread AS subscribethread ON (subscribethread.threadid = thread.threadid AND subscribethread.userid = 1 AND canview = 1)

WHERE thread.threadid IN (644, 10397, 14441, 5831, 8207, 510, 2805, 15301, 8369, ) AND thread.visible = 1

ORDER BY lastpost DESC;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND thread.visible = 1

ORDER BY lastpost DESC' at line 13
      Error Number : 1064
      Request Date : Saturday, December 6th 2008 @ 10:08:24 PM
      Error Date : Saturday, December 6th 2008 @ 10:08:24 PM
      Script : showthread.php?t=2310
      Referrer :
      IP Address :
      Username :
      Classname : Prefix_Database
      MySQL Version : 5.0.45-community

Comment

i tried rebuild similar threads, post cache and repair tables - but not fixed

Comment

It's an error in your mysql query. Try disabling your plugins and see if that fixes it. Changing a value from 5 to 10 should not be causing any sort of error.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Bombowiec View Post
            in most threads is database error
            The error happens because "similar" field in thread table can hold upto 55 chars of data and when you increase number of data in this field, database can't keep up with it.

You have to change datatype of "similar" field in thread table to "MEDIUMTEXT" via phpmyadmin before applying this hack to avoid the error.

After you applied the hack and changed DB field, remember to rebuild similar threads in update counter section.
            Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 3.7.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
            I do NOT do custom work, so please do not PM/email me for such projects. Thanks for understanding..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X