Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10smom
    replied
    to see the Bug report thread and the developer response and the communities response please go here. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...7060#note72790

Leave a comment:

• Rizzo
    replied
    They really missed the boat with that one. Stupid really.

Leave a comment:

• 10smom
    replied
    Originally posted by Rizzo View Post
    I've posted there too. Really disappointed about it - a whole 'function' that isn't at all. Disgusting.
    Btw I was told to submit it to the "suggestion" forum for FUTURE feature as it is not a bug and was not meant to be email notifications for group subscription but rather is a way to have the group you signed up for show up in usercp. Amazing!! who would have thought that? You think that would be done automatically and have nothing to do with subscribing to a group.

Leave a comment:

• 10smom
    replied
    Originally posted by Rizzo View Post
    I've posted there too. Really disappointed about it - a whole 'function' that isn't at all. Disgusting.
    I got a reply back and the developers said that they did not intend for groups subscription to me for email notification Unbelievable, to create a feature that is totally useless. I have an audience of 4000 yahoo groups users similar to my vbulletin site! They would make the jump instantly if I can promote the group feature on VBulletin is capable of email notification when new discussions and new members. I cannot and thus I am losing a huge opportunity.

There is no real use for the groups feature as it is. I waited 6 months for this and it is useless. When will this be developed in to a true group messaging system??? Do we have to wait another year?
    Last edited by 10smom; Mon 12 Jan '09, 9:36am.

Leave a comment:

• Rizzo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please report this in the Bug Tracker if you want a resolution.

Leave a comment:

• 10smom
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Well one of the problems was that I was looking at vB 3.7, not 3.8.

I have tested this and I really don;'t know what that function is supposed to do. did not get any email either. Please report this in the Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6
    Hi,

thanks for replies. Yes I am talking about the group subscription in Group tools drop down! I need to talk to someone that knows how this fuction is suppose to work so I know what bug to report. Could someone reply that actually knows how this is suppose to function? Maybe someone who is famaliar with 3.8 groups can reply? Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Well one of the problems was that I was looking at vB 3.7, not 3.8.

I have tested this and I really don;'t know what that function is supposed to do. did not get any email either. Please report this in the Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6

Leave a comment:

• jmurrayhead
    replied
    Honestly I'm not sure what you are talking about. Maybe I'm missing something. Please tell me where you set this exactly?
    I think what this person is referring to is this:

Community -> Social Groups -> <Specific Social Group Here>

Once on a social group home page, next to the discussion search box is a "Group Tools" menu. Once clicked, an option to "Subscribe to this Group" is available.

I'm assuming this person is stating that the email notification isn't working (like thread notifications).

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Honestly I'm not sure what you are talking about. Maybe I'm missing something. Please tell me where you set this exactly?

Leave a comment:

• 10smom
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

There is a subscribe to Groups button under group tools! Why does it not take you to the next page so you can check how you want to be notified? Why have the option to subscribe to a group if it does not do anything?? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• 10smom
    replied
    I still need to know how to receive email notification when you subscribe to a group and not have to come back to subscribe to discussions. What is purpose of subscribe to a group if there is not notification? How do I fix. I appreciate some one answering this questions. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 10smom
    started a topic ? About Social Group subscriptions

? About Social Group subscriptions

Hi,

I am confused about Group Tools and subscribing! I assumed that if you click on subscribe that you will be notified whenever anyone create or poat a discussion message! It seems this is not the case. What is the purpose for subscribing to group (in group tools drop down) if you are not notified? I was really looking forward to this feature but does not seem to be working.

Members of a group should not have to go in and check for new discussion and subscribe to those to get notified! They should have the option to subscribe to any and all discussion created. How do I make this happen? thanks
    Last edited by 10smom; Mon 29 Dec '08, 8:17am.