Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

email members with an expired paid subscription

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • email members with an expired paid subscription

    Dear vBulletin,

    I'm using the paid subscription system a lot on my site and I've got around 400 people who have bought a paid subscription in the past but those paid subscriptions are expired now.
    It would be great to have the ability to send a mass email to people with an active or inactive paid subscription but I've searched and couldn't find a way to get this done within vBulletin.
    If this really isn't possible it might be a good idea for 3.8.0?

    Sincerly Yours,
    MainFrame
    Sat-Television.com Forum:
    http://www.satfriends.com/

    Sat-Television.com Upload Center:
    http://www.satfriends.com/ulc.php

  • #2
    There is no option to do this right now. However please note that all members are already sent an email prior to the subscription expiring.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah but a lot of my members didn't renew thair paid subscription so it would be cool to have the ability to send them a mass email with some new offers to tempt them buying a new paid subscription ;-)
      Sat-Television.com Forum:
      http://www.satfriends.com/

      Sat-Television.com Upload Center:
      http://www.satfriends.com/ulc.php

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mainframe View Post
        Yeah but a lot of my members didn't renew thair paid subscription so it would be cool to have the ability to send them a mass email with some new offers to tempt them buying a new paid subscription ;-)
        I too would like this.

        Comment


        • #5
          This doesn't feel difficult at all..

          How would you all see this working... Would you just want a list to export to email from another tool or would it be ideal to work like the mass mail tool in vB and let you send the email right there? Are there other criteria that need to be filtered on besides just having a past subscription (i.e. how long it's been, what usergroup they're in, etc...)?
          Ted & the Giftery.me Team

          New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
          Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ted S View Post
            This doesn't feel difficult at all..

            How would you all see this working... Would you just want a list to export to email from another tool or would it be ideal to work like the mass mail tool in vB and let you send the email right there? Are there other criteria that need to be filtered on besides just having a past subscription (i.e. how long it's been, what usergroup they're in, etc...)?
            Essentially what I would like is to be able to grab all those expired members and move them to a new usergroup of my choice.

            Once in that usergroup i would be able to do whatever I want with them, ie email and so on...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Primal Rage View Post
              Essentially what I would like is to be able to grab all those expired members and move them to a new usergroup of my choice.

              Once in that usergroup i would be able to do whatever I want with them, ie email and so on...
              That is what I do. I move all my paid users that have expired to a "expired paid users" group. From there I can send an email to that group. It would be nice for the system to do that automatically. Right now when they expired it moves them back to the default user group and I have to move them from there. Once they are in the expired user group and pay again it moves them to that group when expired. It would be nice to select the user group for expired users to be moved in to automatically. So I could go in to that paid subscription and select what user group I want expired users to be moved in to.

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X