Inline attachments gone after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline attachments gone after upgrade

I upgraded to 3.8 Beta 1 and now all of the thousands of inline photo attachments in every post are now links. I checked permissions in the ACP and they look fine. This behavior happens for all users, including me, the Admin. Please help.

Inline attachments gone after upgrade

To clarify, instead of photos within the post, there are links as shown below. Clicking on the link brings up the photo in a new window, but this is not the desired result. How can I return to viewing all attachments inline?

Click image for larger version

Name:	links.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	3671918

Comment

Did you check out vboptions > message attachment options > view attached images inline

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yes, I did. That was the first place I looked.

Comment

What did you upgrade from?

Comment

Upgraded from 3.7.3. Attachments are stored in the database.

Comment

I'll bet it has changed ALL of your forum permissions to NOT showing thumbnails!

You have to change them back for every forum on your board.... and every usergroup!

Comment

I wish it was that simple. Both 'Can See Thumbnails' and 'Can Download Attachments' are set to YES for most groups.

Comment

Are you sure... it's set to that in the "forum permissions" not just the usergroups?

Comment

Yes, I checked in both places. I have been running a vBulletin system for years, so I'm pretty sure it's not a config item although you would think it would be if an upgrade caused it.

Thinking it through logically, the attachments are intact in the database and can be displayed by clicking on the link, so it's not a matter of missing files. All the permissions say to allow each usergroup to view attachments, yet something is preventing that as the default. There is something global going on and I can't put my finger on it. I'm hoping the combined brainpower here will cut through to the solution.

Comment

This same thing is happening to me. I upgraded from 3.4.3 and I have attachments stored in the file system.

Comment

Have you made a totally default style and seen if it is still happening using that? And turned off all the plugins to see if that makes a difference?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Can you take a screen shot of the Message Attachment Options settings, or list each option and setting here?

Comment

I should tell you that I have changed the configuration to thumbnails=yes. I generated thumbnails for all attachments and am using the Lightbox viewer. This works fine, but the INLINE viewing of photos is the preferred method of my users. This snapshot shows what the config looked like BEFORE I changed it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	attach.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	3671923

Comment

my configuration is attached.

I think it has to do with the Ajax quick edit. If you edit a post and save, it shows up in-line like it is supposed to. After you refresh the page it appears as a link.

it may also be good to know that I use vbAdvanced, and images show up fine on there when I put them in-line. Here are some links to look at if you need more information.

Main page with vbAdvanced: www.iizerg.com
                              Post that shows up on the main page with the in-line enabled: http://www.iizerg.com/showthread.php?p=5614#post5614
                              Attached Files

Comment