• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error in install forum

Hello,
    this Error when upgrade my forum
    ver: 3.8.0

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/install/init.php on line 44

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/install/init.php on line 83

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/install/init.php on line 91

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/install/init.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/install/init.php on line 183

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/includes/class_core.php on line 2529

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/includes/class_core.php on line 1644

Deprecated: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home1/ahmad/public_html/123etcweb.com/almsaari/includes/class_core.php on line 2532

This is to do with php versions. However, we need more information.

What exact version of vBulletin are you upgrading from and to?
    What exact version of php is your server running?
    Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    Last edited by Mark.B; Sat 23 Oct '21, 9:39am.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

vBulletin 3.X does not work on PHP 7.2. The files from vBulletin 3.8.X should be deleted from the directory before uploading the vBulletin 5.X files. This is specified in the upgrade instructions in the manual, in the installation forum on this site, and in the vb5readme.html file. This step is extremely important. vBulletin 5.X will not work with the files from older versions present.

When upgrading from older versions, it is recommended to upgrade to the last version in the series (i.e. 3.8.11) using the PHP compatible with that version (PHP 5.6 through 7.1 in this case). After this, create a database backup. Then upgrade your PHP to 7.2 through 7.4 and run the vB5 install after the vB5 files have been uploaded into an empty directory.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hello,
        this problem is contunue

now, i can't new forum!

Click image for larger version  Name:	منتدى المصارع.png Views:	0 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	4465385

Note:
        in .htaccess file:

<IfModule mime_module>
        AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php56 .php
        </IfModule>
        Attached Files

Comment

vBulletin 3.8.0 will not run on php 5.6.

Why are you trying to install a new copy of 3.8.0?
          It will not run on any modern server.

Comment

what am i doing?
            i do not want buy new ver!

Comment

Originally posted by ahamd View Post
              what am i doing?
              i do not want buy new ver!
              Then there is nothing we can realistically do.

You can’t expect software from nearly two decades ago to run on modern servers.

php 5.4 might work but it’s insecure now and should not be running on production servers. Same is true of php 5.6 and indeed vBulletin 3.8.0.

Comment