Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to latest version of vBulletin 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to latest version of vBulletin 3?

My board has been at 3.8.3 for years now and that appears to be the latest version of vBulletin I'm allowed to download under my license. Is there any way at all that I could download the latest version of 3 (and what is it, by the way?) without paying $149 for vBulletin 4? Like, I'd be willing to throw $50 at it. A lot of members aren't posting anymore and leaving but I'd still like to make it in tip top shape.

Also, just curious, but why does "Upgrade to vBulletin 4" appear next to this license but not "Upgrade to vBulletin 5"?
    Last edited by NeoDB; Wed 2nd Oct '19, 1:25pm.

The upgrade to vBulletin 4 was a special offer that we had been running at a lower cost than upgrading to vBulletin 5. $149 vs. $209.

There is no way to purchase an upgrade just to vBulletin 3.8.11, the last version of vBulletin 3.8 before it reached end of life.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

OK, now let me ask this. I have two licenses through you guys, one for (up to) 3.8.3 for one board, and another one for vBulletin 5 for another board. The license for the vBulletin 5 gives me the option to download 3.8.11 if I want to... so what if I do that, and upgrade the 3.8.3 board with that? Would anything stop me from doing so?

Comment

If you're vBulletin 5 license is installed on a site, you would be violating your license agreement by using its vB3 download on another site. This can result in a DMCA order against both sites to have them taken offline.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X