Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to 3.8.11

I just upgraded my forum from 3.8.1 to 3.8.11, I got the follow errors:

PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(832) : eval()'d code on line 52
    I have disabled all plugins, I can't find any code using the "/e".

Strangely, last week I upgraded another forum from vBulletin 3.8.4 to 3.8.11, everything works perfectly. Both forums are hosted on the same server.

Any possible reason for this problem?

Any quick help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by hurricane_sh; Wed 5th Jun '19, 11:43pm.

Line 832 is calling the headinclude template. Seems someone in the past has inserted code into that template most likely due to an exploit in an older version. That code is no longer compatible with current versions of PHP.

You can run this query to eliminate the code:

Code:
    UPDATE `template` SET `template`='', `template_un`='' WHERE `title`='headinclude';
    This query will render the front-end of your vBulletin inoperable until after the upgrade.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Wow, you are a genius, thank you so much!

I just tested the query on the upgraded forum, the forum is working now without templates.

So, all I have to do is running the query before the upgrade, then everything will be fine after the upgrade.

Thanks again, this is something I will never be able to figure out myself.

Comment

Is it possible that vBSEO caused this? The forum stopped working again after I enabled vBSEO.

The other forum doesn't use vBSEO, maybe that's why its upgrade went smoothly.

Comment

VBSEO is too old to be used on the more updated PHP versions VB 3.8.11 requires. (It also has unpatchedsecurity exploits and should not be used.) If you absolutely need an "SEO" product search out DbSEO by DragonByte Technology. Their SEO can import your VBSEO settings. They offer a free and paid version last I checked.

Comment

• In Omnibus
            In Omnibus commented
            Editing a comment
            They do but they don't support their products so I wouldn't advise the use of them.

Many thanks for the heads-up, Joe. I don't like vbSEO, I removed it from two forums, and those two went downhill rapidly. Don't know if it's just coincidence, but this forum is my only high traffic forum left, and I don't want to take the risk. I will try DbSEO.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X