Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sexypbobb
    replied
    I reuploaded all the files and its working now. It was a corrupt file I think. Thank you for the help

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    This is the error I get when accessing install.php with the htaccess file uploaded. Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    phpinfo() says 5.4.36 and I downloaded the last 3.8 version on file from my previous webhost. I had vBulletin working fine with hostgator and I recently transferred to liquid web. I have the same vBulletin files with my current host as I did the previous.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You would put the .htaccess into the root. You need to create it using a plain text editor such as notepad++ (PC) or Text Wrangler (Mac). You would also need to make sure your server will read an .htaccess file. If it won't, you can ask your host how to add it to your php.ini file (and ask them how to restart apache because you will need to do that if you add it to the php.ini file).

I know you said you are running PHP5.4 and vB3.8.8, but it really sounds like one of those isn't true by looking at the error message.

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    I tried entering my customer id and it says customer login successful.. redirecting.. and then it redirects back to the same page
    Last edited by sexypbobb; Sun 26th Apr '15, 4:49pm.

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    I assumed to put it into the install folder and I get an 'Internal Server Error' Page with install.php

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    What folder do I put that htaccess file into?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Try putting this into an .htaccess file and then see if you still have the same problem:

Code:

php_flag display_errors off

Leave a comment:

• wda2015
    replied
    Does it still go through to the next page?

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    No. I am trying to do a fresh install. I get these errors on the page where you enter your customer id

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    do you have any add ons?

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    These errors too on the same page

Strict Standards: Non-static method vBulletinHook::fetch_hook() should not be called statically in /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 399

Strict Standards: Non-static method vBulletinHook::init() should not be called statically in /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/class_hook.php on line 118
    Last edited by sexypbobb; Sat 25th Apr '15, 5:20pm.

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What version of PHP is on the server?

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    started a topic Problem with Install of 3.8 on New Dedicated Server

Problem with Install of 3.8 on New Dedicated Server

Im getting this error when trying to install 3.8.8 on a New Dedicated Server.

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/class_core.php on line 2555

Strict Standards: Non-static method vBulletinHook::init() should not be called statically in /home/xxx/public_html/community/install/init.php on line 212
    Last edited by sexypbobb; Sat 25th Apr '15, 3:26pm.