Trouble on Test Site - Accessing admincp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble on Test Site - Accessing admincp

I have been reading for the past two hours but cannot find this answer. I have 3.8.4 on my live server and an exact copy on my new server. I can access the test site by using the ip address/*** When I log in I am redirected to my live (old) server. I need to change the forum path in the Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details but when I login to the admincp on the new server I am directed to the old server or live site. Any suggestion on how to get by this?

TIA

Upload the tools.php file to your AdminCP directory from the do_not_upload folder and open it in your browser. You'll be able to change it there.

Side note: Make sure your /install directory exists too, as tools.php needs it to work.
    - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

Once you input the info and then get redirected, if you go back to the admincp, are you still logged out?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Maurd View Post
        Upload the tools.php file to your AdminCP directory from the do_not_upload folder and open it in your browser. You'll be able to change it there.

Side note: Make sure your /install directory exists too, as tools.php needs it to work.
        When I enter my customer number and click the enter tools system button I go to the vBulletin Tools screen. When I click on reset cookie domain it directs me to enter customer number screen, I enter it and click the enter tools system button and it directs back to the vBulletin Screen. It's a constant loop regardless of what I click on the tools screen.

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        Once you input the info and then get redirected, if you go back to the admincp, are you still logged out?
        Yes, I am still logged out.

Comment

Check the settings table in your database and look for the 'bburl' varname - if it shows the old URL, update it to the test one. You'll also need to search the Datastore table for the same URL and update it there.

***MAKE 200% SURE YOU HAVE ACCESSED YOUR TEST DATABASE PRIOR TO DOING THIS***
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
            Check the settings table in your database and look for the 'bburl' varname - if it shows the old URL, update it to the test one. You'll also need to search the Datastore table for the same URL and update it there.

***MAKE 200% SURE YOU HAVE ACCESSED YOUR TEST DATABASE PRIOR TO DOING THIS***
            Thanks Trevor,

That worked. However when I enter my login credentials I am redirected to my live site. If browse as a guest all the links direct me to the test site.

Comment

Then there's a URL you've not updated as that's where it's taken from - alternatively, you have some form of redirect/rewrite in place
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment