X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreshFroot_
    replied
    Originally posted by calaf6 View Post
    Thats a shame as I will lose users if I upgrade or change the latest ones are not as friendly for uses as the v.3
    One day perhaps there will be a lite version that has a template so it looks and feels the same as v.3 but again I think I am dreaming
    That's easy to do.... to make it look like vB3. But it won't fully function like vB3 or at least vB5 won't...

Leave a comment:

• calaf6
    replied
    Thats a shame as I will lose users if I upgrade or change the latest ones are not as friendly for uses as the v.3
    One day perhaps there will be a lite version that has a template so it looks and feels the same as v.3 but again I think I am dreaming

Leave a comment:

• FreshFroot_
    replied
    Originally posted by calaf6 View Post
    thank you, I have a v.3 licence so it is not available to me, My users hate the new version that is used on another site (many have now left there because of the new look) so I don't want to buy an expensive upgrade for a new version that I am not going to use. Hopefully one day VB will allow upgrades within the same version for a lower cost
    Sadly.. that will never happen. vB3 will die off at some point, so there will never been a need to upgrade.

At this point you are stuck with upgrading to vB5 or moving to another platform.

Leave a comment:

• calaf6
    replied
    thank you, I have a v.3 licence so it is not available to me, My users hate the new version that is used on another site (many have now left there because of the new look) so I don't want to buy an expensive upgrade for a new version that I am not going to use. Hopefully one day VB will allow upgrades within the same version for a lower cost

Leave a comment:

• AliMadkour
    replied
    if you've vBulletin 4 or 5 license you can download vB3 from member's area
    https://memebrs.vbulletin.com

Leave a comment:

• calaf6
    started a topic Is it possible to upgrade to 3.8

Is it possible to upgrade to 3.8

I would like to upgrade to V3.8 but firstly I cannot see where to download it? There is only the option to purchase v4 and v5 neither of which I want as some of my users have stopped using another forum that did the upgrade because the new feel is not what they want. Its hard enough competing with facebook as most people post on there now without discouraging them by doing an upgrade to a feel that will send them away!!
    Last edited by calaf6; Sat 28 Sep '13, 2:04am.