installing 2 or more vbulletins on 1 database question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing 2 or more vbulletins on 1 database question

hey guys, just wondering what happens if i install another copy of a vbulletin on a database im already using please.

like i have a few vbulletins from 3.8.4 to 3.8.7, does it mater what versions? thinking about shuting the not active ones and adding them to subdomain.

actually what i want to do is create subdomains and install a few boards using 1 database.

im wondering what happens member wise, like can the members from your main board become a member of your sub domain boards and login??
    i guess thats the main question ^^^

i know hacks may clash?

thanks.
    Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

Do you have licenses for each one of these? You need a valid license for each installation.

You could install them on one db, but they'd have to have their own table prefix and they wouldn't intergrate/interact with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      You could install them on one db, but they'd have to have their own table prefix and they wouldn't intergrate/interact with each other.
      thanks mate for your support and reply. well there goes that idea lol, damn. ah and no offense, but ive been around long enough to know the rules on licenses!
      cheers.
      Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity | Medical Fairy
      Last edited by jaycob; Wed 13 Jun '12, 6:59pm.
      Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

Comment

There is an addon at vBulletin.org that allows you to share members across different forums.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Good to know about the AddOn. Could you share the link on vBulletin.org? Thnx.

Comment

Originally posted by trankin View Post
            Good to know about the AddOn. Could you share the link on vBulletin.org? Thnx.
            google it?
            http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=185021
            -- Web Developer for hire
            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X