Uploading SQL Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading SQL Backup

I've been doing some reading, and it seems that one of the few options that I have left is to upload my backup (which is approximately 130MB) using a Telnet/SSH client. However, after reading the vB documents as well as some of my own research, it seems that PuTTY is not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit, correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm what you call a "noob" to this. Most of this looks like Chinese to me. I use hawkhost and I think they support Telnet/SSH.

I tried downloading PuTTY but when I opened it, nothing seemed to be happening (meaning that when I was attempting to type something, nothing would appear). I would really appreciate it if someone was able to explain how I can upload my backup.

Thanks!

I use putty everday, it works fine with Windows 7.

did you upload the backup to your webserver / database server?

Comment

I had my host help me upload the files, but now that they are uploaded I am getting this error:

PHP Code:
      Warning: require_once([path]/dbtech/credits/credits_core.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open streamNo such file or directory in [path]/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '
      /home/pokeligh/public_html/forums/dbtech/credits/credits_core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pokeligh/public_html/forums/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 1 
      How can I fix this?

Comment

This error is from a plugin you've installed. You need to disable each of your plugins then turn one at a time to see which one is causing this.

If you cannot log into the Admin CP then to disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you. Because the forum is a backup, I lost the password to my original account. Is there any way to create a new account and gain access to the ACP (using files in the database)/ any other method?

Comment

Register a new account on your forums. Upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory, then run it from your browser. Use this to promote your user to Admin usin
            g this option:

[Reset Admin Access]

Then immediately remove this script.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How would I open it in my browser?

My forums are linked like: http://www.[inserturlhere].com/forums/

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks.
              Last edited by Jon xHB; Tue 18 Jan '11, 5:35pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X