upgrading from 3.8.2 to latest 3.8.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from 3.8.2 to latest 3.8.6

I am going to upgrade my forums from 3.8.2 to latest 3.8.x , i think its 3.8.6

Do I upgrade by uploading all files again and running install or is there some patch?

Originally posted by Queen View Post
    I am going to upgrade my forums from 3.8.2 to latest 3.8.x , i think its 3.8.6

Do I upgrade by uploading all files again and running install or is there some patch?
    You should upload by overwritting your forum files from the 3.8.6 package and then running the upgrader. But don''t forget to make firat a thorough backup of your db though

Comment

Once you have uploaded all the 3.8.6 PL1 files you run upgrade.php not install.php.

Comment

Is it essential to upload all files? I'm struggling with a slow connection and surely not all files are updated...is there a list anywhere of changed files for this upgrade?

tia
        Kate
        Small farming in New Zealand www.lifestyleblock.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by kate_nz View Post
          Is it essential to upload all files? I'm struggling with a slow connection and surely not all files are updated...is there a list anywhere of changed files for this upgrade?

tia
          Kate
          Yes, you should upload all the files.

Comment

Thanks borbole
            Small farming in New Zealand www.lifestyleblock.co.nz

Comment

Thanks borbole
              You are welcome

Comment

tia
                Kate

There's an option when you download to download the package with no images, this saves significant time when uploading the new files. I don't think any new images were added so you should be OK with this option.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X