Need help uploading to HostMonster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help uploading to HostMonster

I followed the directions...at first I made a new database, username, pw and uploaded it but when I do that it puts the files in folder like mydomain.com/public_html/username/forums and it makes me log in under that name (in the FTP program).

What I would like to do is log into my FTP program with my main domain name/username...so I tried logging into my FTP program and going thru the install, I got everything into a folder like mydomain.com/forums but when I run the install.php I get caught up. The first process goes fine but the second stops and I get this error:

Step 2) Connect to the database
    Attempting to attach to database
    Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user '[email protected]'@'localhost' (using password: YES) /home2/sevonehe/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

Dunno, why its cutting off the M on .com? Also...I do not know the name of my MAIN database, when I create a new database in mySql it gives me the name but then I get stuck having to upload it under another username in the public section in the FTP.

Originally posted by 2StepsAhead View Post
    I followed the directions...at first I made a new database, username, pw and uploaded it but when I do that it puts the files in folder like mydomain.com/public_html/username/forums and it makes me log in under that name (in the FTP program).

What I would like to do is log into my FTP program with my main domain name/username...so I tried logging into my FTP program and going thru the install, I got everything into a folder like mydomain.com/forums but when I run the install.php I get caught up. The first process goes fine but the second stops and I get this error:

Step 2) Connect to the database
    Attempting to attach to database
    Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user '[email protected]'@'localhost' (using password: YES) /home2/sevonehe/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

Dunno, why its cutting off the M on .com? Also...I do not know the name of my MAIN database, when I create a new database in mySql it gives me the name but then I get stuck having to upload it under another username in the public section in the FTP.
    NMake sure that you have the right/correct db info at the config.php file. Also when you create the db and assign the user to it, make sure that you grant it all permissions/privileges to the db.

If you don''t know the db info or can''t create yourself one, then ask your host to create one for you and give you the details so you can then enter them at the config.php file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X