Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7.1 upgrading to 3.8 while upgrading to 4.0... its hanging up

Need help here...

I am upgrading from 3.7 to 4.0, and according to the documentation, it is best to upgrade to 3.8.5 first... so that is what I am doing. However, once we got past 3.7.1, it hung up on step 4 of the permission updates... and this is what it says on the screen:

Step 4) Permission Updates
    • Altering pmtext Table (1 of 1)
    • Altering notice Table (1 of 1)
    • Altering useractivation Table (1 of 1)
    • Updating Usergroup Permissions
    • Updating Human Verification options
    • Granting Permissions for new features
    • Granting Permissions for new features
    • Altering moderator Table (1 of 1)
    • Updating Album Update counters

Fatal error: Call to undefined function exec_rebuild_album_updates() in /home/content/d/a/v/travelforum/html/install/upgrade_380a2.php on line 651

Line 651 of upgrade_380a2.php says...

exec_rebuild_album_updates();

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? Thank you in advance.

You're missing one or more files, reupload the a fresh copy of the files and refresh the page.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Which files do I need a fresh copy? I already re-uploaded the upgrade_380a2.php file.

Thanks again...

Comment

Just tried it a third time, re-uploading the same file, fresh copy... no change.

Comment

Reupload ALL of the vbulletin files.

Comment

Would changing the "mysql" to mysqli" in the config.php have anything to do with the problem?

Comment

No, you're missing a function that should be there.

Comment

Would the function be most likely contained in the install folder, or could it be in any folder?

Comment

Reupload the includes folder.

Comment

Worked... but stuck again at another place

First of all, thanks for the help. It worked after re-uploading the includes folder.

I went through many pages of 'proceeds' and 'next steps' and am in the area where it has loaded 3.8.5. But I have ran into a new snag. Here is what it is saying...

Updating style information for each style...
                    Default Style ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (Replacement Variables)
                    Warning: require_once(/home/content/d/a/v/travelforum/html/includes/html_color_names.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/d/a/v/travelforum/html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 900

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/d/a/v/travelforum/html/includes/html_color_names.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/d/a/v/travelforum/html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 900

I had taken the site off line during this, but now can't even see the site.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
                    Last edited by davidflagg1; Fri 11th Jun '10, 3:48am.

Comment

From reading around while waiting for an answer, it appears the problem may be coming from the fact that the mods were NOT turned off before doing this. I had forgotten that part of the install process. But now, I can't see the site correctly to turn the mods off. If this indeed is the problem, how do I rectify it? Do I have to restore the database from a backup and start all over?

Comment

You can add, define("DISABLE_HOOKS", true); to your config file which should get around there.

Comment