Upgrading from 3.8.4 to 3.8.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from 3.8.4 to 3.8.5

How do I upgrade from 3.8.4 to 3.8.5? It seems as if 3.8.5 crashes the whole board for other people and it's crucial that I do not create any problems if I upgrade. Thanks! I saw the readme for upgrading from a previous version, is that what I do or is there more?

Originally posted by locachica View Post
    How do I upgrade from 3.8.4 to 3.8.5? It seems as if 3.8.5 crashes the whole board for other people and it's crucial that I do not create any problems if I upgrade. Thanks! I saw the readme for upgrading from a previous version, is that what I do or is there more?
    The procedure is basically the same. Only thing is make sure to make a backup of the db prior to the upgrade.

Comment

Thanks, you mean a backup of the sql with phpmyadmin? So I will not or should not have issues if I follow the instructions on the readme, right?

Comment

Originally posted by locachica View Post
        Thanks, you mean a backup of the sql with phpmyadmin? So I will not or should not have issues if I follow the instructions on the readme, right?
        Yes, I meant a backup of your database. That if for one of those just in case cases

And yes again, you should be all set if you follow the instructions. Good luck with the upgrade and let us know how it will go.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what I can expect to go wrong if it does?

Comment

I would recommend copying your database/directory structure, make a test forum, and run the upgrade there first.

Comment

Yikes ok so I didnt realize i am supposed to upload all of these files and I am very very worried something will be wrong! ack i kind of forgot how to do a test forum and just shut mine off for maintenance right now... not sure what to do how do i copy the directory?

Comment

ok im working on upgrading now i did a backup a lil bit ago today wish me luck

Comment

Ok one issue, when I reverted the navbar it added the default navbar below the template. How can I fix this? I Use the BINGO skin! Thanks

Comment

For help with custom skins, you should contact the skin creator. However, it sounds like they've added the navbar to another template, possibly the header, already.

PS. One thread as opposed to three for the same issue will be fine...
                    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                    -
                    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Ok sorry, I know the problem is because I reverted the skin. However I thought I had fixed it when I reinstalled the skin now it came back as double again and its messed up with reviewpost as well. Does anyone know who can help? Thanks
                      Last edited by jtech77; Tue 27 Apr '10, 10:59am.

Comment

You need to contact the skin designer if you're having a problem with a custom style.
                        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                        -
                        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X