Cannot upgrade to 3.8.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot upgrade to 3.8.5

I downloaded the latest files from the members area and after uploading, I tried to do an upgrade. After running the update.php file, I log back into the admincp only to find that the upgrade didn't work and I'm still running 3.8.3.

How can I figure out what's wrong?
    Celebrity Gossip and Photos || Business Community

Did you run finalupgrade.php? It should run you through each update to 3.8.5
    Did you upload ALL of the 3.8.5 files and overwrite the server copy?
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Yes, I uploaded all the new files from the 3.8.5 package to the server and ran the upgrade.php script which calls finalupgrade.php. The process completed without any errors. The only thing that the finalupgrade.php did was go through 5 different steps, but upgrade didn't work. Still showing 3.8.3 in admincp.

Comment

Originally posted by tommeyboy View Post
        I downloaded the latest files from the members area and after uploading, I tried to do an upgrade. After running the update.php file, I log back into the admincp only to find that the upgrade didn't work and I'm still running 3.8.3.

How can I figure out what's wrong?
        It's actually upgrade.php. Also, you say 'the latest files', are you 100% certain they are 3.8.5?
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Are you sure you downloaded 3.8.5 because your license is shown as expired a while ago (before 3.8.5 came out).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            Are you sure you downloaded 3.8.5 because your license is shown as expired a while ago (before 3.8.5 came out).
            Ahh. I thought as much.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Sorry, I mis-spoke. I thought I downloaded 3.8.5, but it was actually 3.8.4.

Download Latest Version 3.8.4 Patch Level 2
              However, I still have the same problem with the upgrade. The upgrade runs, but does not seem to process correctly.

Yes, I'm sure that all the files have been uploaded correctly. The header in the uploaded files show the following:

Code:
              /*======================================================================*\
              || #################################################################### ||
              || # vBulletin 3.8.4 Patch Level 2 - Licence Number ##########
              || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
              || # Copyright ©2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. All Rights Reserved. ||
              || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
              || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
              || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
              || #################################################################### ||
              \*======================================================================*/
              Any ideas?
              Last edited by tommeyboy; Mon 19 Apr '10, 3:28pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X