Upgrading from 3.7.4 to 3.8.5 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from 3.7.4 to 3.8.5 question

I downloaded the upgrade from the members area on vbulletin.com. However, I'm confused by the upgrade instructions.

When it says "Upload all files from the 'upload/' folder in the zip, with the exception of 'install/install.php',

Do I put this in the root directory?
    Do I put it under /public_html directory?
    or
    Do I just find all the various files and pull the data in one by one?

Secondly,
    On the 1st line it says "You should rename this to config.php and then open it in a text editor".
    Why do they want you to open it up in a text editor? (It never says what you should do when you have it open)

When they mean upload, they mean "rewrite your current forum files with the ones you downloaded"
    The bit about config.php only concerns forums using versions of vB under 3.5. All other versions above 3.5 - 3.8 don't need to have this file uploaded.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X